Friday, June 8, 2012

Karaoke in dallas and fun in Austin

Lets see, what's happened since I last posted... Late last month (may) Me and my Father drove down to dallas tx to watch my cousin Allison's performance in the karaoke semi-finales! She made it through to the finales! She was amazing!! and she's only 10! We stayed the night at their place since the semifinales were from 7:30pm to 10:00pm and it was a 3hr drive from Austin to Dallas. I was so proud to know her! When we got home the next day, We went down to the front office of the apt complex for a Ice cream social. The Ice cream was  delicious!

Since then, We've went to play pool at slick willies pool hall a couple of times. Last time I only won once! And it was by default! :). This last park day turned into a pool day. The pool was HUGE! It went from three foot deep in the shallow end to 12 foot deep in the diving area, It had to lanes for lap swimmers, and it was Frickin Huge!! LOL. :P. Not to long after we got to the pool, a bus load of kids got there. It got very loud very quickly. But we enjoyed ourselves hanging out with some of the other homeschooler/unschoolers.

Oh I almost forgot to mention, The week after the semi-finales in the karaoke contest....... Allison won the finales!!!!! YAY!!! We've also gone to Zilker park a few times and played Frisbee with our Frisbee ring.

Yesterday, We went to the Blanton Art Museum in downtown Austin. I had never been to an art museum before. It was pretty awesome! We walked around for 2hrs looking at a bunch of the art displays.

Lately I've been playing a game called"The legend of Zelda: Skyward sword". After over 30hrs of game-play, I'm almost finished with it. I just have one last boss area to complete. It's the final boss(Of course). And the final boss is always the hardest.

I have been cutting out sugar from my diet since wednesday. So far I'm doing pretty good, It's been hard though, What with Ice pops being just inside the freezer and cookies just down the way in the front office. But It's so worth it! I feel so much better when I don't eat sugar. :).

I'm still looking for work, Though admittedly not as hard as I could be looking.

Well, That's all I can think of for now. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment